Client first – You are our top priority. Our firm is purposely designed to provide a high level of service to a select group of clients. You will deal directly with the owner and not some 800 number call center.
Good faith – To make sure we can adhere to principle number one, we must do our best to eliminate conflicts of interest. This is why we do not sell any products nor receive commissions; we are only compensated by you. All clients receive a signed fiduciary oath putting our commitment to your best interest in writing.
Expertise – We are committed to life-long learning; however, no matter our level of knowledge or success we must never let our ego prevent us from providing a “best in class” solution. We must keep an open mind to new ideas and be willing to seek out support from other professionals and subject matter experts.
Focus – We cannot be all things to all people which is why we limit the number of clients and industries we serve. We focus our energy on the topics relevant to you and your family.
Friction – We have to reduce friction and make working together easy. We will use technology to make efficient use of our time.
Investments– Markets are mostly efficient over the long run – we must keep costs low, invest broadly, and help you stay invested.
Value – Our objective is to add massive value regardless of where you are on your journey.
Meet the Founder
I started my career as an accountant for a start-up pharmaceutical company before moving into public accounting. As much as I liked the analytical nature of that work, I found my calling in the financial planning profession in 1999.
Over the past 20+ years, I’ve developed a deep understanding of the financial services industry and a strong opinion on how it could be improved for consumers, leading to the launch of Open Wealth Network.
As a fee-only fiduciary advisor and member of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (napfa.org), the Fee-Only Network (feeonlynetwork.com), and the XY Planning Network (xyplanningnetwork.com), I hold myself to the highest ongoing ethical, educational, and practice standards.
In my limited free time, it’s all about family. I’ve been married for 21 years to my wife, Maria, and we have four children.
We enjoy being outdoors so you can typically find us spending time at the soccer field, hiking a local mountain, four-wheeling, catching waves at the Jersey shore or carving turns at our local ski resorts.
If you’d like to further explore how I might be able to help, I would encourage you to take advantage of our free financial checkup. I sincerely appreciate your interest and look forward to connecting with you soon.
- Originally from Northeast Pennsylvania (Blakely, PA) and currently live in Southeast Pennsylvania (Pottstown, PA)
- West Chester University of Pennsylvania – Bachelor of Science (BS), Accounting
- St. Joseph’s University – Master of Business Administration (MBA), Finance concentration
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional (CFP®)
- Enrolled Agent (EA) – An enrolled agent is a person who has earned the privilege of representing taxpayers before the Internal Revenue Service and is the highest credential awarded by the IRS.
- Formerly involved in non-profit, charitable, and civic organizations such as the Pottstown Regional Public Library, Upper Pottsgrove Township, YMCA (philaymca.org), Kiwanis, Boy Scouts of America, and numerous youth sports organizations.
- Member of the TriCounty Area Chamber of Commerce (http://business.tricountyareachamber.com) and the Perkiomen Valley Chamber of Commerce (https://perkiomenvalleychamber.org)
You can find out more about my professional background here:
– Michael Henzes