I started my career as an accountant for a start-up pharmaceutical company before moving into public accounting. As much as I liked the analytical nature of that work, I found my calling in the financial planning profession in 1999. Over the past 20+ years, I’ve developed a deep understanding of the financial services industry and a strong opinion on how it could be improved for consumers, leading to the launch of Open Wealth Network.
I serve a diverse clientele, with a focus on pharmaceutical professionals, where I help clients organize their finances, keep more of what’s theirs, and maximize their return on time and investment. I follow a disciplined investment process with an emphasis on reducing costs, taxes and unnecessary risks. As a fee-only fiduciary advisor and member of both the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (napfa.org) and the XY Planning Network (xyplanningnetwork.com), I hold myself to the highest ongoing ethical, educational and practice standards.
- Originally from Northeast Pennsylvania (Blakely, PA) and currently live in Southeast Pennsylvania (Pottstown, PA)
- West Chester University of Pennsylvania – Bachelor of Science (BS), Accounting
- St. Joseph’s University – Master of Business Administration (MBA), Finance concentration
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional (CFP®)
- Enrolled Agent (EA) – An enrolled agent is a person who has earned the privilege of representing taxpayers before the Internal Revenue Service and is the highest credential awarded by the IRS.
- Formerly involved in non-profit, charitable, and civic organizations such as the Pottstown Regional Public Library, Upper Pottsgrove Township, YMCA, Kiwanis, Boy Scouts of America, and numerous youth sports organizations.
You can find out more about my professional background here:
In my limited free time, it’s all about family. I’ve been married for 17 years to my wife, Maria, and we have four young children. We enjoy being outdoors so you can typically find us spending time at the soccer field, hiking a mountain with the scouts, four-wheeling, catching waves at the Jersey shore or carving turns at our local ski resorts.
If you’d like to further explore how I might be able to help, I would encourage you to send me an email or use our scheduling app to schedule a 15 minute call. I sincerely appreciate your interest and look forward to connecting with you soon.
– Michael Henzes