As a fiduciary, our firm and its associates have a duty of utmost good faith to act solely in the best interests of each client. Our clients entrust us with their funds and personal information, which in turn places a high standard on our conduct and integrity. Our fiduciary duty is a core aspect of our Code of Ethics and represents the expected basis of all of our dealings. The firm also adheres to the Code of Ethics and Professional Responsibility adopted by the CFP® Board of Standards Inc., and accepts the obligation not only to comply with the mandates and requirements of all applicable laws and regulations but also to take responsibility to act in an ethical and professionally responsible manner in all professional services and activities.
Code of Ethics Description
This code does not attempt to identify all possible conflicts of interest, and literal compliance with each of its specific provisions will not shield associated persons from liability for personal trading or other conduct that violates a fiduciary duty to advisory clients. A summary of the Code of Ethics’ Principles is outlined below.
- Integrity – Associated persons shall offer and provide professional services with integrity.
- Objectivity – Associated persons shall be objective in providing professional services to clients.
- Competence – Associated persons shall provide services to clients competently and maintain the necessary knowledge and skill to continue to do so in those areas in which they are engaged.
- Fairness – Associated persons shall perform professional services in a manner that is fair and reasonable to clients, principals, partners, and employers, and shall disclose conflict(s) of interest in providing such services.
- Confidentiality – Associated persons shall not disclose confidential client information without the specific consent of the client unless in response to proper legal process, or as required by law.
- Professionalism – Associated persons’ conduct in all matter shall reflect the credit of the profession.
- Diligence – Associated persons shall act diligently in providing professional services. Service Levels We periodically review and amend our Code of Ethics to ensure that it remains current, and we require all firm access persons to attest to their understanding of and adherence to the Code of Ethics at least annually.