Initial Planning Process
This is a get acquainted meeting. We’ll ask such things as:
- What’s important to you?
- What are your goals?
- What motivated you to schedule a call?
- What are you trying to solve?
- What’s keeping you up at night?
If we mutually feel we can add value and there seems to be a good fit we’ll move to step 2.
After our initial Introductory call, you will be sent:
- a link to schedule our next call/meeting
- a link to securely provide your investment statements, tax return, and any other documents you feel will be pertinent to our assessment.
We use this information to provide:
- a complimentary financial checkup
- suggestions on how to improve
Behind the scenes, we will leverage…
- Sophisticated financial technology
- Volumes of Nobel Prize winning research on portfolio construction and behavioral finance
- Decades of knowledge and experience
…to analyze your data and test if you’re on track to meet your goals.
After we’ve analyzed your information, we apply…
- Thousands of hours of training and continuing education
- The expertise of a CFP® Professional and fiduciary
…to explore what options, ideas, and strategies are available to optimize or improve upon what you’re currently doing.
We will have our second call/meeting to share our observations and review the results of our assessment.
At a high level, you will understand:
- If you’re on track to reach your goals
- If you’re paying too much in taxes
- If there are opportunities to accelerate moving you from where you are to where you want to be
If you would like our help implementing our ideas, a quote for our services will be included with the analysis.
Our goal is to move you from where you are to where you want to be…more quickly.
Take as much time as you need to think it over; there’s no hard sell here.
We do suggest you ask yourself the following:
- Do I like/trust the person I’m dealing with?
- Will the benefits they provide exceed the fee I’ll pay?
- Do their recommendations make sense to me?
- Am I more likely to take action with their help?
If you answered “yes” to those four questions, it means you found someone who is genuinely committed to serving you well.
If you’re ready to move forward, the last step in our process is onboarding:
- Sign advisory agreement
- Schedule our next meeting
- Take a deep breath and smile; you’ve chosen someone who is dedicated to your best interest and who will help you navigate any financial complexities with confidence.
Ongoing Planning Process
All planning relationships will adhere to the CFP board’s 7 step Practice Standards
1. Understanding Your Personal and Financial Circumstances
2. Identifying and Selecting Goals
3. Analyzing Your Current Course of Action and Potential Alternative Course(s) of Action
4. Developing the Financial Planning Recommendation(s)
5. Presenting the Financial Planning Recommendation(s)
6. Implementing the Financial Planning Recommendation(s)
7. Monitoring Progress and Updating
Although we do not sell any products, this does not mean we can’t help you implement the things necessary to put you in a better financial position. We are with you the whole way and will help you implement whatever is necessary.
- We form personal relationships with curious, thoughtful people who value their time and are looking to work with someone they know, like and trust.
- We help you organize your finances, prioritize your goals, and take action.
- We work with you in a fully transparent, capped fee, manner to mitigate conflicts of interest and the negative compounding affects of other fee models.
- We deliver this cost effective creative solution to you in the least disruptive manner possible.
- We challenge limiting beliefs and help you build the confidence needed to create your best life.
- We strive every day to make you a loyal raving fan who will promote our firm and our uncompromising dedication to high value client service.